This bread is gluten-free and can be made in ONE bowl! It’s also incredibly filling. We like making a double-batch the night before and enjoying if for breakfast over two or three mornings. Top it with melted coconut oil for extra moisture and flavor.
Ingredients3 medium ripe bananas (3 bananas yield ~1 ½ cups)
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 whole egg (or sub 1 chia or flax egg)
3 Tbsp. avocado or coconut oil, melted
1/2 Tbsp. stevia powder
2-3 Tbsp. maple syrup (or sub honey)
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 cup unsweetened almond or dairy-free milk
2 cups almond meal
1 ¾ cup gluten-free oats
½ cup walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mash banana in a large bowl. Add all ingredients through almond milk and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Last add almond meal and oats and stir.
- Bake for 1 hour – 1 hour 15 minutes. When ready, it should feel firm and be crackly and golden brown on top.
- Let cool completely before removing from pan or slicing or it will be too tender to hold form. (at least 1 hour)
- Serve with butter and honey or as is. Store leftovers in a covered container for up to a few days. Slice and freeze for longer term storage.
Chocolate-Banana Nut Bread
Add 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder to the mixture before adding oats and almond meal.
Cinnamon-Apple Nut Bread
Substitute 1 ½ cups apple sauce for bananas. Add an extra 1 tsp cinnamon.
Substitute 1 ½ cups pureed pumpkin for half of the bananas. Add an extra 1 tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp nutmeg, and ¼ tsp ground cloves.
Adapted from the Minimalist Baker at: https://minimalistbaker.com/one-bowl-gluten-free-banana-bread/